Notable Appellate Decisions
- Shapiro, et al v. Weinstein, et al, 4D16-2482 (Fla. 4th DCA, Feb. 8, 2018). Final summary judgment upheld in a shareholder derivative action due to the statue of limitations running.
- State v. Dorsett, 158 So. 3d 557 (Fla. 2015). Florida Supreme Court held that the standard criminal jury instruction for Florida's hit and run statute required proof of the driver's actual knowledge rather than mere constructive knowledge of being involved in a crash.
- Menendez v. West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital, LLC, 123 So. 3d 1178 (Fla. 3d DCA 2013). Final summary judgment upheld in a negligence action.
- BKD Twenty-One Management Co. v. Delsordo, 127 So.3d 527 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012). Trial court order denying Motion to Compel Arbitration overturned.
- Airdar v. Keating Constr., LLC, 8 So. 3d 171 (Fla. 5th DCA 2012). Per curiam affirmed.
- McLeod v. Bankier, 3 So. 3d 858 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011). Final summary judgment upheld because the trial court appropriately applied the statute of limitations in a legal malpractice lawsuit.